SIITACE in collaboration with World First announce our inaugural Summit for Independent International Trade & Customs Advisers
on 9th June from 10:00-16:00 at The National Motorcycle Museum, Coventry Road, Bickenhill, Solihull B92 0EJ, UK
£1 trillion exports by 2030: reaching for the stars or a pipe dream?
It seems that media sources continually present contradictory information gleaned from various trade and governmental bodies. SIITACE will discuss the reality of our 2022, international trade strategy in the UK, and the ambition to create £1 trillion in exports by 2030.
Companies are confused, many are choosing to overlook international opportunities. Trade with the EU has diminished dramatically. We will discuss options to encourage companies to engage in international trade and most importantly, what our role as independent trade & customs advisers should be in driving towards this ambitious target.
• The purpose of the summit is to bring together both SIITACE members and their clients, colleagues and potential importers or exporters to discuss international challenges and opportunities.
• After the summit a white paper will be produced explaining the views and concerns around achieving enhanced export sales around the world and there will be an opportunity to dual-brand.
• The Open Space workshop is specifically designed to engage and support ideas and thoughts on the topic of trade by positing 4 main questions for debate.
• Our founding members are proud to be able to facilitate the event and encourage an open dialogue concerning the achievability of the £1trillon goal.
• Participants will receive first sight of the white paper (with participation noted if appropriate) before circulating to APPG Trade & Investment; ICCUK; BExA; UKEF; DIT & WTO
The theme for the day will be to explore the ambitions for export promotion
Please do arrive early to share some coffee with us and get to know each other.
10:00 Introduction and keynote speech from
Dr Anna Jerzewska firechat with Brendan McAuley from International Trade Institute 10:30 WTO Situation Analysis: impact, effect, and resolutions – Lesley Batchelor OBE
11:30 Digitalisation a new era for international trade – George Riddell, Director of International Trade EY
12:00 Where next? Growth Countries, Sectors and Issues how will Trade Agreements help in reaching our goal? – Arne Mielken, Founder Customs Manager
12:30 Changing face of payments and how to remain competitive. World First – Mark Douglas and Henry Hatton, UK Manager
International business payments made easy
WorldFirst is an international payments business helping you move money around the world. Since 2017, WorldFirst have provided customers trading internationally with dedicated solutions to help their businesses thrive. Designed with importers, exporters, and online sellers in mind, WorldFirst enables you to receive international funds via free local currency accounts, manage currency risk, and make same-currency and cross-currency payments quickly and easily in over 60 currencies, giving you more control than ever before.
13:45 Open Space Workshop – opportunity for the delegates to examine the issues facing exporters and make constructive suggestions about what is really needed to move forward. Linda Middleton-Jones, CEO International Trade Matters Ltd, will facilitate this session using this unusual and stimulating ‘OPEN SPACE WORKSHOP’ technique to make sure we all have our say.
15:00 De-risking international trade and financial planning panel – We will discuss the risks of trading internationally and how to mitigate or accept them – this session will be facilitated by Chris H Walker, FSB International Trade Policy Chair and Queen’s Award winner for international trade..
15:30 Trade Remedies Authorities – what happens when it goes wrong? John Kirkpatrick joint Chief Investigator at Trade Remedies Authority – Department for International Trade
16:00 Summation and final questions, close
SIITACE members can attend free of charge see details of membership here.
Price per delegate £40 inclusive of teas/coffees and lunch for the day. We have limited spaces so do book early …. See you there!